2016-10-04

Wow! What a weekend!



It’s that jittery feeling, you know? When you go down a hill in a car or the elevator? You know what it is but can’t find the words to explain? You know it’s about to start. But the excitement just overwhelms you, and it’s impossible to contain it. First the ascending, then head over heels, and finally the drop, followed by your stomach and its insides all jumbled up. I’m suddenly screaming and a huge grin emerges from my mouth. Am I actually enjoying this? Or is the pressure of the air forcing my mouth open? Am I going to fall out of the seat and plummet to the ground? Or wait 28 seconds until it’s all over?

It is very difficult to explain the feeling, but this is what I felt on one of my days over the breathtaking 3 day long weekend.  My family went to the Bayern theme park where we also met up with Matilda M and Tessa W with their exchange partners.  I went on many different rides, the best being the black and green roller coaster. This was my first roller coaster that went in a loop at an extreme speed. 








This experience added to the many others I have had since arriving in Germany, only one week ago.  There have been new sights, with stunning views of the individually shaped hills and mountains, the old buildings, and a whole new and different culture to understand.

And there’s also the language. They all talk so fast it’s almost impossible to understand anything they're saying. For instance, if they say something, it takes me a few seconds to realize what they’ve actually said. Then once I’ve worked that out, they're on a completely different subject! I really need/ want to improve my German skills!

Now Monday!                                                                                                
Monday my family got the opportunity to visit Schloss Neuschwanstein (the Disney Fairytale Castle). We had a tour, and learnt about King Ludwig II, and of course the castle itself. I found this very interesting, and I really wanted to speak with the king himself and ask questions like, 'how long were you planning to live here?' I wish I could show everyone some photos of the inside, but unfortunately you weren’t allowed to take any pictures of the inside of the castle.






If you want more information, then please check out this website http://www.neuschwanstein.de/englisch/palace/

I thank my German family for taking me on these two experiences, and all of the effort they have put in for me. And thank you everyone else for making this German exchange trip happen! Thank you so much.

Dankeschön

Tessa

1 Kommentar:

  1. Pfatrisch Marianne5. Oktober 2016 um 05:05

    Tessa, thank you for this wonderful report! I`m so glad you enjoy your stay!
    Marianne

    AntwortenLöschen