2016-11-29

Our Last Full Week in Germany

Our Last Full Week in Germany!

Well this week is our last full week in Germany, what an amazing experience we have had. I have learnt so much about the culture and the language. I am able to understand and speak with people it’s such an amazing feeling being able to understand a language other than English. I couldn’t have asked for a better host family they have been amazing and I have seen so much and learnt a lot.

 Frankfurt Main Tower view
 Rosenheim Christkindl Markt

 A massive christmas shop in Munich (sorry I forgot what it was called)


Christmas is close and Germany is getting ready.  There are lights that fill the streets with color and when you drive through the towns it is so magical. I just wish there was snow as that would make it even more beautiful.

On Friday I went to the primary school in Rott Am Inn and visited my host brother's classes. I gave the class a presentation about Bright and Australia, we also made lamingtons to take to the kids. It was very different to our primary schools. 

Martina took me to a Christmas market in the forest, it was amazing.  The stalls were all made of wood and they had Christmas lights all over them and they just looked so beautiful.

Frankfurt:
Over the weekend Andrea and I travelled to Frankfurt with Andrea’s Judo class because they had a tournament on the Sunday. We got up bright and early Saturday morning, hopped in the bus and then travelled about 6 hours to Frankfurt, I have to admit the Autobahn is great. We stayed in a town about 10km away from Frankfurt called “Maintal.” On Saturday afternoon after arriving we took the train to Frankfurt where we looked around and shopped. We went to the tallest tower in Frankfurt, the “Main Tower”. It is also the first weekend of the Christkindl Markt, and Frankfurt was packed. There were so many people at the Christmas Market so it was quite difficult to look around, especially as the market was so big. Frankfurt is such a beautiful city and being there at Christmas makes it very special as they have the most amazing fairy light display.


Germany has been the most amazing experience. I am so grateful that our school can offer this program Thank you so much for the best time of my life.





Germany 29.11.2016

Matilda Manning

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen