2016-09-27

Wow, what a day! Today was the first day of school. One of the things I noticed that was different was that my exchange partner told me to set my alarm for 6:00 AM. For me that was very hard to do. When I went down for breakfast the sun hadn't even risen yet! Breakfast was interesting. They had all sorts of bread and rolls and cereal.

I arrived at school and it was amazing. The construction of the building was flawless and inside the windows let the sunlight in and it was so clean. The school has Three parts to it: The Gymnasium, Economics school and the High school. The whole school was spread out and it was split into Three.

It was quite daunting because there wasn't many familiar faces but everyone greeted me with a smile and a "hallo". Sophia (My host Partner) introduced me to all of her friends. I said "Servus"because I was about to get a tour of the school from Frau Kreplin. The school was big. Not so much spread out but tall. It was 4 stories tall. I asked how many classrooms there were and the response: 100! Our school has 24 and they have 100. I was shocked. The tour had finished.

We headed over to the sport hall. Sport was so much fun! We started off with dodge-ball but then I had to quickly run back to the change-rooms to get changed into my exchange T-shirt for the assembly speech.

Whew, was I nervous! I kept running my speech over and over in my head and making sure it was correct and then re-checking it again. The principal introduced us to the school and the speeches commenced. I was second. My speech contained my name, age, some of my hobbies, some of my favorite food and my favorite animal. Afterwards I realized that there was nothing to be worried about because they all appreciated our speeches. Sophia and me went back to sport class and we did 15 minutes of running. (It felt like half a day!)

Break / Pause was short, (about 25 minutes.)

I had another lessen :TV (Pronounced Teh-Vau) In this, we worked on computers. The first thing I noticed was the keyboard. It wasn't majorly different but the "Y" and "Z" are swapped around and a couple of the commas and signs above the numbers were swapped around too. Also, they have "ü" on the keyboard. This lesson was like "IT" (Information Technology)

Now, bowling time! We walked from the Wirtschaftsschule to the Bowling Platz. I had no idea what to expect because we walked about 2 or 3 kilometers through farms and barn yards. But we got there eventually. The bowling sight was on a telecommunications sight with big white buildings that looked like Golf Balls. When we got to the place it was this typical German building that you would not expect there to be a bowling alley in there. Inside, it was so cute and retro with this big, long bar. We all gave our shoe sizes and got sorted into teams. In my team was Sophia Kloss, Sophia Wagner, Ellie Jenkins and me. Ellie was a Super-Star bowler. I hadn't bowled in a while so I was a bit rusty. I started to get the hang of it after a while.

We played two rounds and I ended up 3rd in our team.

Once everyone was done we got Pommes (Chips) with "Ketchup" or "Weiss" (mayonnaise). They were really nice to eat after a good few rounds of bowling.

It was such a great day and I am looking forward to many more!

Tessa Williams








Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen